– AEI MAATITE is the first Assamese full-length feature film on the burning issue of witch hunting. It has a very strong message against witch hunting, upholding the value of scientific temperament and human life. The film mainly talks about the witch hunting problem in Assam and how a section of people are using witchcraft for their own interest.
– AEI MAATITE received clearance from the Central Board of Film Certification (Censor Board) without any cut or modification with U/A certificate.
– It is an adaptation of independent filmmaker and eminent theatre personality Dr Sitanath Lahkar’s famous stage play TAMASAA on the burning issue of witch hunting in Assam and many other states. The Story, Screenplay, Dialogues, Lyrics and Direction of the film are by Dr Lahkar, retired Principal of Cotton College. This is his first feature film.
– The shooting of AEI MAATITE was done across six locations – Joypur village in Rani, Guwahati, Dimoria, Panikhaiti, Mayong and Tezpur, during 2015–16. Also, Assam Police, Fire Services Department, Tezpur University, Dimoria College and Cotton College have provided crucial support in making of the film.
– The ‘action-drama’ film has some very intense scenes, shooting of which were done with utmost care and precision. The film also has sensitive scenes (inhuman killings) in the name of witch hunting.
– A veteran in Bollywood and known for many award winning films, DI Colourist Sujit Borah is responsible for AEI MAATITE’s overall visual treatment.
– AEI MAATITE has five music tracks. The first track is a musical, named Flow With The Wind. The second one is the Bodo song – Udang Ni Mela, sung by Mr Jiten Basumatary. The third is the film’s Theme Song – Jujat Jayi Jivan – and is sung by Ms Namita Daloi, Dr Sitanath Lahkar, Ms Jina Rajkumari, Ms Smita Lahkar, Mr Binayak Choudhury and Mr Nishanta Bora. The fourth track is a melodious song – Bandha Duwar, where Ms Tarali Sarma lent her voice. The last track is the musical version of the Theme Song.
– The three trailers of the film are edited by Mr. Hiranya Kalita, who is a faculty of Dr. Bhupen Hazarika Regional Government Film and Television Institute. The music tracks of the Trailers were created by Mr. Tapan Das, while the mixing were done by Mr. Bijoy Kumar Nath at Jyoti Chitraban Film Studio.
– The Official Trailer of AEI MAATITE, which was launched on 24th July 2017, created waves in social media. The intense Trailer of the first full-length Assamese feature film on witch hunting problem was enjoyed by more than 1.20 lakh viewers in different social media platforms in less than six days of its release.