The first thought that usually comes to mind when you plan to attend an Outdoor Event or Concert is – what am I going to wear? Generalisation is not the right path to take, but come on, who wouldn’t want to enter a huge music/party arena wearing the swankiest style statement ever?
If you’ve marked your calendars on 17 and 18 Feb for the BYOB Party in Shillong, here are a few suggestions that may come in handy. Dig into those cupboards now for some of your most warm yet edgy outfits, and keep in mind that the days will be warm and nights pretty chilly.
– Keep a wind cheater or a warm hoodie handy. Even after all that dancing, there may just come a time when the sudden cold hits you.
– Beanies and skull caps never go out of style. If you’re going camping, a light warm head cover will be a good idea.
– Since the location will give you ‘I want to get absorbed in nature’s lap’ kind of feel, make sure those pants you wear are comfy as hell. For those camping, you could carry a pair of shorts or capri for the day, but remember to get into long johns before sunset!
– 2–3 funky tee shirts.
– A Leather Jacket is a must if you have one.
– Keep them socks ready.
– Both men and women could throw in a pair of wellington boots. It may not put you through the best dressed list, but you’ll be comfortable enough.
Women, a big no no to heels! You wouldn’t want to lag behind the rest while walking, have a broken tooth and bruised knees because you tripped on uneven terrain, or listen to someone telling you “I told you not to wear heels”! Also, put in that pair of gloves in your backpack now would you?
Having said that, BYOB parties are meant to make you happy and comfortable. Hence, no accessory can replace your smile. Come what may, remember to wear that broad smile on 17 and 18!
Happy BYOBing! #BYOB #BBYOB #BiggestParty #Shillong